Since the explosion of YouTube and its hugely popular content creators such as PewDiePie, Logan Paul and KSI to name but a few, the world has been wondering exactly how these YouTubers make money as we see them buying mansions and exotic cars in their daily vlogs.
So exactly how are these YouTubers making their money? Well I’ve done a bit of research and come up with the best ways to make money on YouTube, that all of them are actively using.
1. Brand Deals & Sponsorships
One of, if not the most lucrative ways YouTubers make money from their video content comes in the form of sponsorships and brand deals. Take MrBeast for example, one of the most popular YouTubers, almost all of his videos are sponsored. To the tune of six figures per deal.
But exactly how do you find brands to sponsor your YouTube videos? Quite simple, actually, with the help of our powerful lead finding tool, Lead Peep. It’ll find you thousands of brand emails.
You then use these emails to directly contact them and introduce yourself.
How to find YouTube brand deals with Lead Peep:
- Sign up for an account with us from $24.99 a month here
- Search for leads (brands) with a keyword related to your video or niche
- Find brands in any city or state, and country, in the world
- Export thousands of brand email addresses and email them
It’s the hottest, softest merch in the game.
It’s something both the Paul brothers (Logan and Jake) plug in every single one of their videos, and it seems to work as it’s the biggest revenue source by far for the both of them.
I have a feeling the mark-up across the merch is pretty high as they frequently push huge discounts throughout the year, and considering Logan Paul is making no ad revenue from his videos and still rakes in millions, one can only assume that this is true. It’s pretty damn clever if you ask me.
How to sell merch on YouTube:
- Source a good supplier on DHGate or Alibaba, or locally
- Launch your own store easily with Shopify
- List products for sale and promote them in your videos and video descriptions
3. Advertising Revenue
One of the most common and solid methods of making money on YouTube is simply from advertising revenue from ads ran by Google, who of course own YouTube.
YouTubers are making around 1 to 2 dollars per 1,000 views on YouTube, although it can be higher and lower depending on a number of factors, so it’s safe to assume those getting millions of views per day are making thousands of dollars per day. Not too shabby for sharing your life, huh?
How to make money from ads on YouTube:
- Get 4,000 hours of watch time in a single 12-month period
- Reach at least 1,000 channel subscribers
- Monetisation will then be available on all of your videos
4. Affiliate Marketing
Another awesome and popular way of monetising YouTube content is by promoting affiliate offers. This can be with a link directly from a video description, or with a unique promo code.
A great, relevant example is this software. We offer an affiliate program for people who want to promote our product to other people, and this could be done with YouTube videos related to business and marketing. A video showing people how to get more leads, for example, would work really well and would probably convert at quite a high rate leading to lots of affiliate earnings.
How to make money with affiliate links on YouTube:
- Join a quality network such as Awin, CJ or ShareASale to find relevant advertisers
- Also join affiliate programs directly, such as our Lead Peep one
- Use unique promo codes where possible, or redirect links using Bitly from video descriptions
No related posts.
Founder of Lead Peep and frequent knowledge-sharer on the Lead Peep blog where I write about marketing, sales and lead generation.
Subscribe to Our Blog
I want the latest update in...
- June 5, 2019
- 5 mins read
- June 3, 2019
- 3 mins read
- May 31, 2019
- 12 mins read
- May 9, 2019
- 1 min read